These Website Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms and Conditions”) govern your (“You” or “you”) use of Bill Buster’s Web Site (the “Web Site”). These Terms and Conditions are subject to change by Bill Buster, at any time in its discretion. Your use of the Web Site after such changes are implemented constitutes your acceptance of the changes. Please consult these Terms and Conditions regularly.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated: 2019-01.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in or accessible within the Website, including information and software (the “Materials”), are protected by applicable intellectual property law, including copyright and trademark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the Materials on the Web Site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title. This license is nonexclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable. Under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Web Site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Bill Buster at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these Materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded Materials in your possession, custody, or control regardless of format.
You acknowledge and agree that the Materials accessible within the Web Site are the proprietary information of Bill Buster, and Bill Buster retains all right, title, and interest in the Materials. Accordingly, you will not reproduce, transmit, publish, or distribute such Materials to any third-party without the express written consent of the Bill Buster except that you may print a copy of Materials solely for your personal, noncommercial use. In doing so, you will not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the Materials.
The materials on the Web Site are provided “as is”. Bill Buster makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Bill Buster does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the Materials on its Web Site or otherwise relating to such Materials.
In no event shall Bill Buster, its suppliers, or its authorised agents be liable for any special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the services of Bill Buster, even if Bill Buster or a Bill Buster authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. In no event will the collective liability of Bill Buster, its suppliers, and its authorised agents to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the amount User has paid to Bill Buster for the applicable service out of which the liability arose.
By providing personal and monthly billing information to Bill Buster and its authorised agents, you warrant that you are the account holder or an authorised agent of the account holder and that all information provided by you to Bill Buster, including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, email address, service provider(s), monthly service(s), and monthly service price(s), is complete, truthful, and accurate. Bill Buster will not share personal information except in negotiations with your service providers as provided under Section 7.
Authorisations Granted to Bill Buster
By registering with Bill Buster, you acknowledge and authorize Bill Buster and its authorised agents to:
- Utilise the name and any and all account information provided to or that is available to Bill Buster to negotiate billing rates with your service providers;
- Negotiate with your monthly service provider(s) as an agent on your behalf;
- Accept or reject agreements; enter contracts binding upon you; and act in any way necessary to accomplish the goal of obtaining lower rates for your monthly bills subject to any instructions provided in advance to Bill Buster by you in writing.
Bill Buster will work to negotiate the best possible rate(s) for the bill(s) you provide to us and on which it agrees to negotiate. Where Bill Buster and its authorised agents cannot reduce your monthly rate(s) there will be absolutely no charge for services. Bill Buster cannot guarantee and does not promise it can obtain lower rates or savings during negotiations on your behalf.
Costs and Billing
- If Bill Buster or its authorised agents can obtain a lower rate for your monthly bill, you agree to pay the total sum of thirty-five percent (35%) of the savings obtained for that bill and/or account for the twelve (12) months following the renegotiation of your bill by Bill Buster.
- Savings will be calculated by summing, for the number of billing periods falling within the twelve (12) month period following the negotiation, the difference between the rate of the bill when Bill Buster initiates negotiations with your provider or providers on your behalf (“Current Rate”) and the renegotiated rate achieved by Bill Buster (“New Rate”).
- If the Current Rate differs from the rate shown on the bill you initially submit to Bill Buster when you sign up, savings will be calculated from the Current Rate, rather than the bill submitted.
- The New Rate shall not include price increases occurring after the negotiation that arise from (1) one time purchases or fees incurred by the bill’s account holder or anyone else with access to the account; (2) regularly scheduled service or fee price increases by the provider that are not specific to the account (e.g. an increase to the Digital Service Fee); (3) the addition of services or upgrades to the services on the account; or (4) discounts, promotions, or credits on the account expiring, so long as those reductions were not put into place as a result of Bill Buster’ negotiations.
- At the end of the twelve (12) month period, if your rate rises because of the end of a promotion or any other reason, and you would like Bill Buster to renegotiate a lower rate for the account again, the total cost will be thirty-five percent (35%) of the savings obtained for the following twelve (12) month period, which will be calculated as the difference between the rate of the bill when Bill Buster initiates the second round of negotiations with your provider or providers on your behalf (“Current Rate”) and the second renegotiated rate achieved by Bill Buster (“New Rate”). For example, if your Current Rate were $100 per month and Bill Buster lowered it to $50 per month for twelve (12) months, you would initially be charged $25 per month for one year for Bill Buster’ services. If, at the end of eleven (11) months, you asked Bill Buster to renegotiate what would become a $100 dollar monthly bill again in one month’s time and Bill Buster is able to keep the bill at $50, you will again pay $25 per month for the second twelve (12) month period.
- If you request that Bill Buster cancel all service with a provider instead of negotiating a better rate, there is a flat rate cancellation fee per bill of $25 dollars. If you request that Bill Buster cancel part of your service and negotiate a lower rate on a remaining service, you agree to pay thirty-five percent (35%) of the savings obtained on the entire bill for the twelve (12) months following the renegotiation of the bill
For payment, Bill Buster will send you a savings summary/invoice electronically that will be payable through e-transfer or paypal. Bill Buster will offer two (2) invoice options:
- You pay the total invoice in full in one (1) payment; or
You pay one third(1/3) of your invoice total each month for three (3) consecutive months through recurring invoices (applicable for savings over 1000$ only).
If Bill Buster and/or its authorised agents cannot obtain lower rates for your monthly bills, there is no cost to you.
Bill Buster may reduce the percentage it charges for its services for promotional reasons or during promotional periods in its sole and absolute discretion. A discounted percentage does not stack with any other promotional discount.
Unless explicitly confirmed in writing by an agent of Bill Buster directly to You, the minimum charge for Bill Buster’ services is twenty-five percent (25%) of savings obtained, regardless of any promotional offers.
Payment is due within fourteen (14) business days of the invoice date. Failure to make a timely payment may result in a late fee of twenty dollars ($20) per month for each month in which your account is in arrears.
If the savings shown on a Bill Buster invoice are not accurate, you must notify Bill Buster within thirty (30) days of receiving your Bill Buster invoice. Bill Buster will investigate with the service provider and attempt to rectify any mistake. If the mistake cannot be rectified, Bill Buster will adjust your Bill Buster invoice accordingly or, if you’ve paid annually, refund a corresponding portion of your Bill Buster invoice.
Bill Buster reserves the right to turn delinquent accounts over to collection agencies and/or report overdue balances to credit bureaus. If Bill Buster must engage a collection agency or report your debt to credit bureau(s), Bill Buster may charge a processing fee of $25 or more, subject to the maximum charge allowed by law.
If Bill Buster accepts late or partial payments, it does not waive its right to collect all amounts owed under these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Cancellation of Bill Buster Services
You may discontinue services with Bill Buster at any time by notifying Bill Buster through electronic mail, phone, or mail. Cancellation is effective when the e-mail, call, and/or letter is received by Bill Buster. Cancellation does not waive outstanding balances on your account, and Bill Buster reserves the right to request payment in full for services rendered.
Bill Buster reserves the right to cancel your account with Bill Buster at any time for any reason and request payment in full for services rendered through the date of cancellation.
Bill Buster is not a Financial Advisor
Bill Buster does not provide legal, financial, or tax advice. You are using any and all information and Materials available on the Web Site at your own risk. You should consult with an accountant, attorney, and/or other professional adviser before making financial decisions.
Revisions and Errata
The Materials appearing on the Web Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Bill Buster does not warrant that any of the Materials are accurate, complete, or current. Bill Buster may change the Materials at any time without notice. Bill Buster does not, however, make any commitment to update the Materials.
Bill Buster has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Web Site, nor has it verified the accuracy or suitability of any information in any such sites. Bill Buster is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. Including any link does not imply endorsement by Bill Buster of the site. Use and/or access of any such linked web site is at your own risk.
Bill Buster does not operate, control or endorse any information, products, or services on the Internet in any way, except for information, products, or services clearly identified as being supplied by Bill Buster. Bill Buster cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Bill Buster assumes no responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
You will defend, hold harmless, and indemnify Bill Buster, its owners, officers, directors, members, employees, contractors, suppliers, and its authorised agents (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”) from any breach of these Terms and Conditions by You, including any use of Materials other than as expressly authorised herein. You agree that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability for any such breach or unauthorised use, and You agree to defend, hold harmless, and to indemnify the Indemnified Parties from any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorney’s’ fees of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith. You also agree to indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of the information accessed from the Web Site.